Wednesday 26 May 2010

All Aboard!

I'm not even sure how I wandered across the Chevrolet Spark Unscheduled Tour website but before I knew it my Blackberry was flashing it's little red light with the news that I had won two tickets to see The Mystery Jets play live on the Mersey Ferry. This was to be a very exclusive event with only 200 guests permitted (only 50 or so turned up in the end) and a free bar was available for all competition winners....downside being that the free drinks only included neon coloured alcopops and the band was over an hour late!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have loved The Mystery Jets for so long now, I even remember watching the original video release for 'You Can't Fool Me Dennis' on MTV2 way back when. So it was quite a nostalgic moment for me to be able to hear some of the favourite songs of my youth being played in such an intimate setting. The Mystery Jets also played many songs from their promising new album 'Luminescence' which I really can't wait to get my hands on.

Photobucket
Photobucket

All in all it was an amazing night and the unusual setting of the gig against the passing Liverpool scenery created a really distinct atmosphere. The combination of free alcohol and unruly waves may not have been such a wise idea though. The intimate venue meant that banter between the band and audience was strong and requests for songs were even taken on board near the end! I really wish more bands would consider playing gigs in unorthodox venues, it really does make the whole experience more memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment