Ahoy there! Brand new 'Alehouse and Eatery' The Shipping Forecast has officially landed on the shores of Liverpool. Already it is a huge hit, despite only opening up last week. I myself have been a few times now (including a visit for The Maccabees DJ Set which was simply amazing) and I am completely in love with the place and cannot stop raving about it to everyone I meet! The home-made chips in particular are alone worth the visit, plus check out my amazing Mojito!
I decided to interview Amy, a resident staff of The Shipping Forecast, to find out more:
- Now that The Shipping Forecast has officially landed in Liverpool, how would you describe it's first week?
Well I'd describe it as busy to f*** in all honesty haha, especially it's first weekend. There were a few kinks obviously but an all round successful opening week! A lot of people are talking about us!
- The food menu looks stellar! What delicacies should we go for?
Oooh so much choice, in our training we were made (and I say 'made' as at one point I could not eat any more) to taste everything on this season's menu. My favorite is the lamb burger that comes with marytime double cut chips! You will leave with your pants unbuttoned but wanting more!
- I've heard that The Shipping Forecast has been set up by the same people who have organised the infamous hipster hangout Nation of Shopkeepers in Leeds, how does it compare? Does it have the same vibe?
This is indeed true, 580limited run Leeds Nation of Shopkeepers and a lot of other bars throughout the UK. As I used to live in Leeds I made an appearance there every now and then; the difference between the two is something to pick up on. I feel here in the Liverpool bar, the staff are a lot friendlier and have a sense of it's all about the personality. Banter at The Shipping Forecast is definitely encouraged!
- What type of music can we expect to be played? Any resident DJ's or monthly specials?
The music is modern but with a twist. Our in-house DJ's play the best in Electro, Indie, Dub-Step and the occasional Reggae. Every Thursday we have Clever Club play in the basement.
- There seems to be a lot of Vice logos splashed about The Shipping Forecast (sorry about the 'Sea' pun), what's the link between the two?
Both The Shipping Forecast and Vice have a passion for uniqueness and services you can't find anywhere else. Vice has Terry Richardson and we have our homemade food and unique beverages from all around the world.
- And are there any special events we can look forward to in the near future?
This bank holiday Sunday we are honored with a Giles Peterson FIVE hour set, which is going to definitely put The Shipping Forecast on the map, even more after The Maccabees spinning some tracks in house last Saturday. June 5th sees a free, yes that's right free, performance from New Young Pony Club, which I am so excited for!
You can check out Amy's blog here.
The Shipping Forecast is open Sunday to Thursday (11am - Midnight) and Friday to Saturday (11am - 3am) and can be found on 15 Slater Street, Liverpool. Well worth a visit!
Join their Facebook page for constant updates x