Tuesday 23 June 2009

'Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination' - Oscar Wilde

Photobucket
(source: thearabparrot.com)


I did it, I bought that bloody Barbara Hulanicki dress from eBay. I couldn't resist after seeing Alexa's svelte pins in it! My bank balance is now a bit worse for wear but whatever, I'm just living my life by the guidelines of Oscar Wilde (see title).

The weather was beaut this morning so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to wear the dress but half an hour later it decided to pour down and I was stranded in the middle of Liverpool with no umbrella or coat in a partially see through dress. Unfortunate times.


Photobucket
Photobucket

I did, however, pick up a few magazines...most notably the latest Nylon and Love magazine. I'll upload some scans as soon as I can figure out how to work my scanner...I am technologically redundant though so this could take some time!

3 comments:

  1. oh, i got Nylon like 2 weeks ago, and read the YYYs article & Karen talked about how she used to come to Maxwell's in Hoboken, New Jersey; so i'm like... "i live there!" i don't exactly live in Hoboken but next to it and I've been to Maxwell's so i got so excited. haha xD anyways... I've never in my life seen the magazine LOVE, but I've seen that Beth Ditto cover a lot!


    Hope the dress looks lovely on you! ^-^ & the whole getting-wet-while-looking-pretty subject happened to me 2 days ago. Almost cried because of my hair ;/

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that dress. this looks like a great place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete