Monday 22 June 2009

Me and My Barbour

No longer reserved solely for the Queen or the residents of Emmerdale, Barbour is now a staple wardrobe piece for the young and fashionable lot. I love my Barbour coat to pieces, I almost wish it rained everyday just so that I could have an excuse to wear it! With that said, I was super stoked to find this old school picture of Alexa Chung wearing the very same Barbour coat that I have. She of course looks like a total goddess in it compared to me.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Normally a Barbour retails for around £180, but if that's out of your price range it's worth checking local charity shops/vintage fairs/car boot sales etc. My friend picked one up last week for £8! My best advice however would be to buy a child's version of the jacket you're after. I paid £50 for an XXL (age 12-14) children's version of the exact jacket that Alexa's sporting. I'm a UK size 8 and the jacket's still a bit loose on me...just how big are these kids???

5 comments:

  1. put it on your fridge!
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have this jacket and paid £40 which is good if you ask me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did everyone get there's from, I am desperatly looking for the exact same on but I am getting confused as to which one it is that she own!
    x

    ReplyDelete